Okay so I still don’t feel 100%, but I feel markedly better today than I did yesterday and I hope to feel even better when I wake up tomorrow. I am officially declaring today my last day of being sick. Tomorrow I must get on with life at full speed. As such, I thought I’d do a review of these past few days of illness:
- Taking time to rest and relax and only feeling mildly guilty about it
- Spending lots of time doing nothing but watching Veronica Mars
- Sleeping like a log thanks to cold meds
- Losing a few pounds because my appetite went on strike along with my ability to breathe
- Despite feeling ill I forced myself to run today. I didn’t use being sick as an excuse; I dragged myself to the Y. Granted I went easy on myself, doing a Week 3 run instead of moving onto Week 4 and I slowed down quite a bit, BUT the important thing is that I did it and I’m only mildly behind on my C25K schedule.
- Mid-day naps!
- I have been doing the absolute minimum work necessary the past few days, which means my to do list continues to grow while I do nothing about tackling it.
- I missed going to Eataly with Steph while she was in town, though I did get to see her Saturday and I’ll see her again in a couple weeks.
- Besides three-block journey to the Y today I haven’t left the house since I got home Saturday night.
- Did I mention my incredible fear of waking up tomorrow and finally realizing just how much I have to do!
- You know the whole not feeling well thing wasn’t so great either.
- My wastebasket runneth over with tissues.
- I make the ugliest sick person! I look like a homeless girl whose boyfriend just broke up with her, but instead of clutching a pint of ice cream it’s tissues.
- I don’t have anyone here to take care of me, buy me medicine, make me tea and force me to drink it while it’s still hot, refill my cup of water, etc. I really need to do a better job of taking care of myself when I’m sick.